If you are a creative of any type, creating content is important. It is what gets you noticed by your potential audience. Creating content requires work! There are times where you can become burnt out from the process. Then, there are times where you genuinely do not know what else to do. For me, I can get what I like to call “creators’ block” and my brain goes into complete mush.
So how does someone get inspired to create content when he/she is not feeling up to par? Here are a few tips that I use to help me!
- Take a break. Stepping away from your content is a great way to get your mind right. Your brain needs rest. Allow yourself to mentally reset and relax. Try taking a social media cleanse for however long you need.
- Watch or listen to inspirational content. We are still in the age of YouTube, and now we are also in the age of podcasts. What I like to do is I like to listen to inspirational podcasts such as Michelle Obama, or The Office Ladies. You can also try looking at pictures or anything aesthetically pleasing to your eye that will spark some inspiration for you. Another great resource would be Pinterest!
- Think about your brand/niche. Ask yourself: if I were my audience member, what would I like to see? What haven’t I already talked about? One tip that I have learned is to narrow your niche down to three main subjects and stick to it.
- Brainstorm. This is my favorite tip because this allows me to start channeling my creative juices again! Get yourself a piece of paper or open up your notes app on your phone. Jot down stuff that YOU would like to talk about, things that YOU would like to explore. Remember this is your brand! Also keep in mind, that you have created this brand. This is all yours! You are not doing this (or you should not be) doing for others.
- Talk to an influencer friend that actually cares. Creators thrive on affirmation, support, and empowerment! If you have a friend that is an influencer, this is a great opportunity to talk to them and just see where their head is at when it comes to creating content. I know that it helps me a lot to speak to friends who are influencers because they uplift me and encourage me to create and bring content to my audience.
- Take your time. Creating content does not require you to do it in a rush. You need to take the time. Take as much time as you need! Creating art or creating content takes time. Do not pressure yourself or feel pressured to create when you are not in the space to create. Once you have taken that time to assess everything, use all of these tips that were mentioned. Then, apply it to your work. Finally, post your content!
Another key takeaway from this post is that being creative doesn’t have an exact structure. That’s the beauty in all of this! I hope that these tips help you in your time of need. Please make sure to leave a comment if you used these tips or if you have any other tips that you would like to suggest!
Now go create and be great!